'To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.'
Embrace Fall Planting: Unveiling the Magic of Bulb-Blooms and Edible Delights
As the vibrant colours of summer gracefully fade and the crisp air of autumn sets in, it's time to embark on a new chapter in your gardening journey. While spring is often synonymous with planting, don't underestimate the possibilities that fall brings, especially for plants and flowers that emerge from bulbs. Discover the magic of fall planting and how these bulbs can transform your garden into a tapestry of colours and flavours come spring and beyond.
The Fall Planting Advantage
The Wonder of Bulbs
Apply Root Rescue Transplanter
As with almost everything you plant, Root Rescue Transplanter will help the emerging roots of your fall-planted bulbs. Most flowering bulbs are members of the Allium (or Onion) family of plants – and all these plants love working with the mycorrhizal fungi in Root Rescue. You can plant your bulbs, mix Transplanter in water, and give the planted bulbs a good drench, or simply dust the bottom of the bulbs with the Transplanter powder as you are planting. Once the roots start to emerge from the bulb, the mycorrhizae will germinate and attach to the roots – and once partnered, the roots and the fungi will continue to grow and support each other year after year.
Choosing the Right Bulbs
Planting Tips for Success
1. Location Matters: Choose a spot in your garden that receives the right amount of sunlight for the specific bulbs you're planting. Some prefer full sun, while others thrive in partial shade.
2. Proper Depth: Follow the planting depth guidelines for each bulb type. Generally, larger bulbs are planted deeper than smaller ones. This ensures that they have ample soil protection as they establish roots.
3. Well-Drained Soil: Bulbs dislike sitting in waterlogged soil, so ensure the planting area has good drainage. If your soil retains too much moisture, consider adding organic matter to improve drainage.
4. Build Strong Roots: Establishing solid roots by adding Root Rescue's Mycorrhizal Fungi to the soil in the fall will ensure the best results in the spring. The main benefit of Mycorrhizal Fungi is its ability to assist the roots of their host plants. Once mycorrhizae are connected to roots, the plant's access to water and nutrients (particularly nitrogen, phosphorus, zinc, manganese and copper) increases. Just one application of Root Rescue Transplanter will deliver mycorrhizae's multiple benefits (for years to come).
5. Mulching: Once you've planted your bulbs, adding a layer of mulch helps regulate soil temperature and moisture, providing an ideal environment for root growth.
A Prelude to Spring Splendor and Culinary Delights
Fall planting with bulbs is like composing a symphony of anticipation – the quiet sowing of bulbs now transforms into the grand crescendo of colours, flavours, and fragrances as spring arrives. Embrace the magic of fall planting and let these humble bulbs weave their enchanting spell, turning your garden into a canvas of beauty, taste, and wonder. When the first buds break through the soil next spring, you'll be grateful for the foresight and care you invested in your fall garden.
Learn More On our youTube Channel
Root Rescue Learning Channel