Root Rescue Transplanter gets it's brand new shiny New Product Registration Number from the CFIA!
And the long awaited New Product Registration Number is 2015122A. This means that we can now sell our new mycorrhizal plant growth supplement 'Transplanter' to all homeowners and landscape contractors from coast to coast across Canada. Now that Transplanter is registered, we've got lots of work to do in the months and years ahead.
I'd like to take the opportunity to thank a few of the collaborators, friends and Industry Partners who've helped us along the way:
- Everett DeJong from Redbud Supply (our brand new shiny Canadian Distributor)
- Professors Youbin Zheng and Mike Dixon from the University of Guelph
- And more fine folks at the U of G: Theresa Rondeau-Vuk, Josh Kervin, Polina Bam, Newton Tran, Jamie Lawson, Tom Graham, and Jared Stoochnoff.
- The folks at BioEnterprise who were (and still are) instrumental in the fine-tuning and refining of our business plan, and keeping Root Rescue's opportunities and best interests top of mind. A special thank you to Doug Knox and Italo Cerra.
- Richard Worsfold from OCE for believing in the project and helping us to secure co-funding and support.
- OMAFRA (The Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs) for funding at several points in our story
- The Innovation Factory in Hamilton, and John Holland in particular for your critical advice and sharp analysis of our project before .
How to Apply:
- Case Vanderkruk and the staff at Connon Nurseries NVK in Dundas
- Rob Vanderkruk and the staff at Connon Nurseries CBV in Waterdown
- Jan Winkelmolen and the staff at Winkelmolen Nursery in Linden Ontario.
And last but not least, I need to thank 2 very important people at the CFIA's Fertilizer Regulation Division: Glenn Murray and Ewa Madey. This was a very unusual project for the CFIA, we broke new ground with this registration at a time when the agency was undergoing a lot of difficult changes. This registration represents the most complex formulation ever registered for use in Canada by the CFIA - 18 different active mycorrhizal ingredients in one package. It was going to be a challenge - and it was - but we made it through. If you're curious, you can check out the CFIA's Registered list of Supplements - just scroll down the page until you come to the listing with the very crowded list of active ingredients - that's our brand new listing: Plant Growth Supplements Registered for Sale In Canada
I'm sure that I've missed lots of great folks who helped me along the 12-year journey to get this point. With grit, sheer stubbornness, and a lot of help - the Root Rescue project idea has turned into a reality - and now the real fun begins.